Head of Business Development
We’re looking for a business development team member that thrives on driving the acquisition of clients for a great agency. You love the thrill of the chase and scoring wins. You also value work/life balance, want to work in a fun environment and think Friday afternoons off make for great weekends.
Karbo Com is a respected, award-winning boutique agency that’s known for doing great work. We team with all types of tech companies, from stealth startups to big brands with global footprints. Our current clients include Internet of Things (IoT) giants TDK and RTI, Logitech and a number of exciting startups. Our agency is the perfect place if you want a team-oriented, positive and supportive environment where you can help shape the agency and your future. We’re in the best part of SOMA–within two blocks of AT&T Park and one block from CalTrain. Our Redwood City office is just across the street from the CalTrain station with quick access to the city’s booming downtown. We’re also walking distance from Starbucks, Whole Foods, The Habit and retail shopping. We also have a growing presence in New York City.
- Work with the CEO to develop KC’s business development strategy.
- Develop new business plans, including strategic target identification and acquisition strategy for companies that fit KC’s business objectives.
- Manage prospect and market research and provide market and acquisition (SWOT) analyses; drive development of final new business presentations. Assemble and prepare team for presentation and follow up.
- Undertake regular prospect interaction.
- Work with the marketing team to help drive agency promotional efforts, including contributing to strategy for messaging, email campaigns, SEM/SEO, etc.
- Dotted line management of others participating in the new business process, including e-team members, account executives and account coordinators.
- Regularly represent KC at industry events to increase agency visibility and develop relationships that will help with work responsibilities and KC’s image.
- Strong tech sales skills: ability to independently drive lead generation and close business.
- Understands the tech PR/marketing agency business model. Strong preference for people that have been a tech PR agency account person in at least one previous position.
- Strategic and analytical marketing skills to develop SWOT analyses and plans.
- Strong verbal and written communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to close new business, including proactive target identification (company, decision makers), recommendations to approach, secure participation in new business meetings and drive follow up.
- Ability to drive a new business team effort while taking responsibility for bringing projects to their successful conclusion.
- Instills confidence in targets and fellow KC team members. Possesses the ability to effectively manage up and down the KC team “chain.”
- Takes the initiative to solve challenges and take advantage of opportunities.
- Follows the latest tech industry trends and uses that information to identify and secure prospects.
- Effective use of time and project management skills, including setting objectives, working within budgets, tracking resources to goals, etc.
- Upholds the highest ethical standards.
- Attention to detail.
- Must have at least four years with public relations, advertising or marketing agencies, with a strong preference for tech agency new business experience.
- A four-year degree from an accredited college/university is preferred, but not mandatory.