Want to work at one of the hottest tech PR agencies in the country? We’re looking for an Administrative Assistant who doesn’t want to be a small cog in a big agency. You’re passionate about technology and want to help great companies succeed. You’re passionate about technology and want to help great companies succeed. You also want Friday afternoons off, work/life balance and the opportunity to work in a fun environment.
Karbo Com is a respected, award-winning boutique agency that’s known for doing great work. We team with all types of B2B and B2C tech companies, from stealth startups to enterprise brands. Our agency is the perfect place if you want a team-oriented, positive and supportive environment where you can help shape the agency and your future.
- Aid CEO in administrative tasks
- Government filings
- New state set up
- Partnership meetings/relationships
- Provide last month’s invoices
- Expense reports printed
- Schedule bookkeeper meetings
- Add expenses to invoices, total and distribute to teams
- Potentially issue invoices to clients
- New Staff Orientation
- Tactical correspondence with new employees prior to start date.
- Create first day agenda. Arrange all new team members’ first two days, including responsibility for agendas and staff assignments.
- Set up desks
- Provide KC branded items and office keys
- Set up welcome lunch or Zoom
- Update employee contact sheet and distribute.
- Take photos of new staff members on first day and send to staff.
- Team education and training
- Train new employees in the following areas:
- Office tours and protocols
- Clicktime timesheets and expense reports
- Best practice docs
- Drive logistics for monthly training sessions
- Keep calendar of local and critical national PR, tech events that KC should attend. Make recommendations for attendees and arrange all logistics
- Maintain database of outside education programs and trainers for staff
- Manage PTO/Sick leave
- Ensure all forms and calendar invites are done
- Track all staff PTO
- Prepare Clicktime reports and present to management team, including billable report
- Set up new clients
- Set up new employees
- Add new services
KC Internal Events
- Proactively schedule monthly staff and management meetings and logistics for lunch. Gather staff to start meeting on time.
- Greet clients and other visitors and offer drinks and seat them.
- Prior to client meetings: make sure office is presentable, meeting room is stocked, buy/layout snacks, make coffee, check on visitor drinks half-way through meetings.
- Ensure monthly, quarterly staff fun events get scheduled and on everyone’s calendar. Handle all logistics.
- Plan birthday lunches and make all arrangements.
- Plan first and last day events. Coordinate all logistics including scheduling, food, cards, etc.
- Track employee anniversary calendar. Coordinate gift acquisition with staff member.
- Make all business travel arrangements and coordinate with staff.
- Help Head of HR and Operations with logistics for yearly offsite.
- Order computers with tech counsel
- Work to set up and be ready for new staff on first day
- First line of defense for computer/software issues. Try to resolve without tech consultant assistance.
- If tech consultant required, coordinate solution, minimizing expense.
- Maintain optimal state of office and ensure all are in working and fully stocked/functional order:
- Proactively drive vendor options for purchases, make recommendations regarding the best options (performance, lowest price) and reevaluate as appropriate, negotiate contracts once decisions are made and ongoing management of relationship.
- Job listing providers, Glassdoor, Jobscore
- Colleges/Universities career centers: SJSU, SFSU, USF, Chapman, Berkeley, University of Oregon, Davis, USC
- Outside meeting and recreation venues
- Meeting: Zoom
- Technology Consultant
- Telephone and Cable/Internet: Comcast
- Misc. Contractors
- Janitorial: Dome
- Food suppliers: Safeway, Amazon, Jet, Costco
- Office Supply: Safeway, Amazon, Jet, Costco
- Repair suppliers: plumber, electrician, building manager
- Software-Hootsuite, Cision, IT database,Microsoft, Clicktime, Apple, Google
- Acquire all KC branded gifts, e.g., water bottles, hats, etc. and keep in stock.
- Assist Head of HR/Operations with office space acquisition process and move, when appropriate.
- Maintain KC subscriptions.
- Ensure sample articles on office walls are updated every six months.
- Ensure staff keeps kitchen clean during the week. Make sure dishwasher is loaded on Thursdays. Throw away old food at the end of every other week.
- Marketing Team Support
- Social media
- Award submissions
- New business
- Help manage logistics of proposals
- Graphic design for proposals
- Maintain target and status database
- Ensure next steps taken
- Schedule meetings with outside people, set up Zoom and send invites
- Take notes and document assignments
- Work efficiently on multiple tasks; effectively serve multiple account teams.
- Attention to detail
- Take initiative to offer ideas and successfully see tasks through to completion.
- Take responsibility for projects to successful conclusion
- Computer skills (Apple computers, MS Office products, all software platforms in use.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effectively manage time, resources and abide by budget standards presented by KC management
- Maximize efficiency and minimize expense
- Maintain confidentiality regarding office matters and CEO
- Supervise junior staff
- At least 3 years marketing or administrative experience (preferably in high tech)
- A four year degree from an accredited college/university or secretarial school. Can be waived if excellent experience.
Karbo Com rewards for results and actively mentors and promotes from within. Compensation is competitive and will vary based on experience and skills. Our benefits are top flight and include yearly cash bonuses, generous PTO, additional paid time off over the holidays, paid medical and dental premiums, commuter checks, a 401K plan, paid cell data plans, conference attendance, education, Friday afternoons off year-round, a yearly offsite and quarterly outings such as sailing, movies, bocce ball, spa days and wine tasting trips to Napa.
We’re located in the best part of SOMA — within two blocks of Philz, South Park, CalTrain and AT&T Park. Our Redwood City office is just across the street from the CalTrain station with quick access to Redwood City’s trendy downtown. We’re also within walking distance of Starbucks, Whole Foods, The Habit, Jamba Juice and retail shopping. We are currently back in these offices in a hybrid model.
We are proud to have been named to PRNEWS’ 2019 list of Top Places to Work in PR
To apply for this position, please click here