Head of Content & Digital Marketing
Karbo Communications is looking for a Head of our respected Content Studio and Digital Marketing. The ideal candidate will have experience successfully running an agency or content/digital group, with responsibilities including developing quality projects, knowledge of state of the market content tools/trends, the ability to sell services, manage resources and meet revenue objectives. They will be responsible for the success of the agency’s content and digital marketing efforts and will grow the Studio’s reputation and market share. They will also manage Karbo Com’s marketing efforts. This person will work with the CEO, account teams and directly with clients to spearhead digital initiatives that are a cut above and help clients achieve their business and marketing goals. This includes visual branding/identity, editorial articles, social media strategy and presence, blogs, website development, video creation and distribution, online advertising campaigns, as well as email and SEO campaigns. They will also be responsible for the design and production of Karbo Com’s promotional and editorial materials, including our graphic identity, website, blogs, newsletter, application templates, new business presentations, etc. This is a management team level position, and The Head of the Studio will work closely with the company’s executives and CEO to drive critical elements of the agency’s policies and programs.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Drive the development of the agency’s messaging, content strategy and content-related products.
- Work with client account teams to drive the successful development of messaging, content strategy and materials.
- Write and edit creative promotional content, including messaging documentation, manifestos, ad copy, eblasts, sales materials (e.g., brochures, fact sheets, white papers, case studies), website copy, articles, blogs, social media posts, scripts, speeches and other digital assets.
- Develop materials for Karbo Com online and offline properties including contributed articles, blog posts, website copy, digital advertisements, email campaigns. You’ll help craft and spread the Karbo story in a unique way.
- Drive content studio new business activities, including finding targets, pitching and securing content studio business. You’ll also aid in the development of new business materials for the agency as a whole and show companies how we can help them become wildly successful.
- Develop successful relationships with all levels of client staff to contribute toward achieving client business objectives. Ensure the long-term retention of clients.
- Ensure campaigns achieve client and Karbo Com business goals. You’ll be focused on what matters most and won’t waste your time on meaningless tasks.
- Exhibit excellent knowledge of current digital media practices and the ability to execute for clients.
- Ensure programs and projects are executed in a timely fashion and within budget.
- Assist in successfully growing existing accounts either on a project basis or via increased monthly budgets.
- Assist in the development and ongoing mentoring of AC/AE/SAE level staff.
- Play a role in the growth of the agency according to objectives outlined in our yearly offsite documents. Contribute to agency direction and practices.
- Manage KC’s marketing efforts by managing the marketing team and successfully execute these programs to achieve agency goals. This can include areas such as awards, events, social media, website, marketing materials, advertising, etc.
- Manage the financial aspects of accounts/projects/proposals, including budget estimates, team time allocation, keeping spending in line with approved budgets, forecasts, invoices, etc. The ability to develop pricing and revenue models for Studio offerings and projects.
- Serve as a professional KC representative at industry events with the goal of attracting business, employees, and increasing awareness and respect for the agency.
- Work with the CEO to identify areas of professional growth and take responsibility for continued professional development with the guidance and support of the agency.
What We Need From You:
- Take the initiative to solve challenges and take advantage of opportunities both for clients and KC.
- Outstanding writing ability. Possess and exhibit a high level of writing skill as well as client and market knowledge.
- Possess a solid understanding of all content/digital service clients and their stakeholders. Stay current by regularly reading business and trade publications. Knowledge of martech, communications, and industry best practices.
- Demonstrate excellent marketing material and editorial development skills.
- Instill confidence in clients. Has the ability to work effectively with E-suite level and junior level members of clients’ internal teams. Also, instill confidence in fellow KC team members. Possess the ability to effectively manage up and down the KC team “chain.”
- Take responsibility for bringing projects to their successful conclusion.
- Demonstrate excellent problem identification and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Contribute to the development of more junior staff and helps them to achieve their yearly performance objectives via ongoing mentoring, training and resources.
- Contribute toward account strategy by exhibiting an understanding of state of the art content and digital marketing business practices, as well as knowledge of the client and their markets.
- Produce high quality written documents, including the ability to determine the right content for each need. Exhibits excellent grammatical skills. Ensure that documents are correct and error-free and when appropriate adhering to AP Style guidelines.
- Demonstrate effective use of time, financial and project management skills, including setting objectives, identifying appropriate steps for completion, working within budgets and timing constraints, tracking resources to goals, etc.
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of current content, digital and social media standards, tools, measurement, implementation, etc.
- Exhibit excellent sales skills to effectively sell ideas, programs and acquire clients.
- Uphold the highest ethical standards and contribute to a positive working environment. Work to solve culture and personnel issues and eliminate negative communications and processes.
- Work efficiently on multiple tasks, projects and accounts within dynamic environments.
- Possess excellent attention to detail and ensures accuracy.
How You Will Be Measured:
- Effectively integrate into account teams and develops productive and successful relationships with clients.
- Achieve the highest levels of client satisfaction based on meeting or exceeding client objectives and expectations.
- Successfully develop and implement Karbo Com promotional and editorial content.
- Successfully manage projects/account teams (depending on budget levels and number of total team members).
- Successfully grow the Content Studio as a Karbo Com Line of Business.
- Maintain adequate spending levels to help the agency reach monthly and yearly financial goals. Working with account teams, consistently sell additional content services aligned with clients’ needs.
- Effectively contribute to the growth of lower-level team members.
- Work toward and help to ensure a positive KC working environment/culture.
- Help to ensure the retention of high-quality staff. Help to attract employees that meet KC standards.
- Participate in the successful visibility, stature and growth of Karbo Com in the tech PR industry.
- Help to acquire new accounts at the levels outlined in the yearly offsite company objectives presentation.
- At least 4 years of experience in the areas outlined above.
- A portfolio and writing samples
- Bachelors’ degree in Journalism, English, Communications, graphic design or Advertising/Marketing.
- Excellent writing and editing capabilities. Ability to develop content that is creative, motivates specific targets and drives results.
- Technology marketing experience and knowledge of content marketing best practices.
- Ability to successfully drive content strategy and creation with internal teams and clients.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and with larger teams.
- Superior project and time management skills.
- Experience using Google docs, Google Analytics, Google Adwords and Office (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel) are essential. Additional experience using MailChimp, WordPress, Adobe Create Suite, Google Essentials and Slack are a significant advantage.
- Familiarity with tech B2B markets such as the IoT, SaaS/cloud, martech, social management platforms, clean tech and security are an advantage.
- A good sense of humor and perspective about what’s really important is always appreciated.
What We Offer:
Karbo Com rewards for results and actively mentors and promotes from within. Compensation is competitive and will vary based on experience and skills. Our benefits are topflight and include yearly cash bonuses, generous PTO, additional paid time off over the holidays, paid medical and dental premiums, commuter checks, a 401K plan, paid cell data plans, conference attendance, education, Friday afternoons off year-round, an annual planning offsite, and quarterly outings such as Giants games, sailing, bocce ball, spa days and wine tasting trips to Napa.
Karbo Com’s company culture is built on collaboration, respect, open communication, transparency, support, work\life balance, responsibility, and just plain fun. We have a sense of community that takes our work and relationships to the next level.
In the Bay Area Karbo Com’s offices are in San Francisco and Silicon Valley. Our SF office is located in the best part of SOMA — within two blocks of Philz, South Park, CalTrain and Oracle Park. Our Redwood City office is just across the street from the CalTrain station with quick access to Redwood City’s trendy downtown. We’re also within walking distance of Starbucks, Whole Foods, The Habit, Jamba Juice and retail shopping. We are currently working from home three days a week and in the office two days a week. We also have staff located in Boston, Washington DC, Florida, Pensylvania, and Los Angeles.
To apply for this position please click here.